-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, March 30, 2013

I grew up thinking that justice existed for everyone
But that the scales of justice would always tip slightly in my favour.
I grew up thinking that everyone was great
But that maybe I was just slightly better.
I grew up thinking that I could make anyone like me
But that it was just a matter of my choice.
I grew up thinking that time was precious
But that my time was slightly more important than anyone else's.
I grew up thinking that the world had many glorious paths of success
But that I had a secret priority ticket to embark on them.
I grew up thinking that our parents were wise and loving
But that maybe I had that daring in me that could triumph over their wisdom and love
(And maybe I really do, but I have nothing in the world to back up my belief, except a stubborn well of faith deep in me)

All these illusions have almost totally faded now
What a self-centred frog-in-the-well I was

But one thing remains with me
I have always had family and friends who look out for me
And hopefully I'm looking out for them too
And not too busy with scrutinising myself

:/ there's a band called the Pains of Growing Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment