-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Meaning of Boredom
In my heart I know that I'm getting bored of going to school. 
But in my heart of hearts I know that I always get bored after a while, and I know that that's not a viable attitude. 
I think I was born rebellious, but that side of me got quashed by my parents and by teachers and here I am. This is not the entire me you are looking at. My mum says when I was in her tummy I used to kick really hard. A few years on and I was a monster-toddler, terrorizing my family with incessant crying and biting. But suddenly at about 6 years old the monster in me got tamed. I say 6 years old because I remember feeling quite downcast at my kindergarten's photo-taking. I don't think I wanted to take any photos because it was really boring-- so many students, and just one silly photograph to take home But everyone was excited, the teachers were hyping us up about taking photos, and I was in my fake graduation gown, so I went along with them. I remember not being able to smile when it was my turn. But I wasn't sulking, and I wasn't angry or sad. I think I was just bored. The teacher thought I was upset and asked me what happened, and I said it was nothing. So I think maybe 6 years old was the age when I learnt the meaning of boredom. 
But if I'm not attending school right now I'm not sure what I would be doing. 
If I view life from a macro-perspective I would say that my life so far has been pretty interesting. And yet it has been a really lop-sided life, full of studying and devoid of ... other more adventurous things. Which is why I need to get out and experience more stuff. And learning at school is probably one of the ways I can do that because it teaches me what to do with my life and how to make it colouful and useful and so on. 

So yes, to myself: go on and do what you're supposed to do. i.e. readings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment