-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blogging on the mrt. (Y)
I feel so awake despite only having 5.5 hours of sleep, and 5 hours of sleep for the past few days. And its only 7.40 am. It must be a concoction that my mum makes for me to drink-- wolf berry and ginseng strips. :)
Yesterday after lesson I was feeling really sick and tired. Our prof grilled the other group and picked on lots of words they used, and told us that lawyers should e able to defend every word they use. True, but I felt really worried for the presenting group as they got whacked left right and centre. Then the prof asked who's next week's presenting group, and my group and I reluctantly raised our hands. She said, okay, you have to learn to fake enthusiasm a bit better; it's just like that, we have to do it. Hurhurh. I guess she makes a lot of sense, but a lot of the time people who make sense use words that are really jarring. Anyway besides that presentation, I still have 2 more presentations and 1 report to hand up next week, and the thought of it yesterday after lesson more or less crushed whatever positive feeling I had.
She said, face it, there's no such thing as happy law students and happy lawyers. Very strangely I felt slightly better after she said that. I guess that's just the truth.
And in addition, I went  for dinner with my classmates after lesson, and that cheered me up significantly.
After that I went for samba despite much grumbling about how much time it's taking up. Kind of cheered me up too.
If there's no such thing as a happy law student, then I am truly glad for my friends, my good friends, and my drum. Without these, I think the Marsha or marshy  you've known will not be here anymore. I would probably be lost in the no-man's-land of sanity.
But one thing bothered me yesterday-- why are some people so combative? Can't they learn how to give and take, and respect people who are just trying to do their job, instead of bitching about and trying to harness people to support your stand? Come on, that's just a plain waste of my time and mental energy. I don't take part in such matters.
Also, yesterday I learnt that there is no such thing as somebody I truly dislike. I used to really dislike this irritating guy but he was really decent to me yesterday, albeit as distant as ever. But in such situations I don't value closeness as much as I value decent behaviour.
Right. So that's an update of what happened yesterday.
GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF AD FULL STEAM AHEAD AND NO SLACKING OFF. HA!!!

3 comments:

  1. and*. i dont think there are no happy lawyers. maybe students. but not lawyers... it's too absolute. if your job is making you really unhappy, you should switch, if possible. like... 'no happy lawyers' is too extreme. im sure you can find happiness in this course/field, why else are you in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm true. i wonder why the prof said that O:

    ReplyDelete