-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Thursday, September 10, 2009

When I'm bored, I sometimes go to this blog: http://irreligiously.blogspot.com/ . It's a way to exercise my stale mind for a bit. I think that some of the posts might be tinged with some religious preaching, but that doesn't matter a bit.

Actually I wouldn't realize if the local media was censored. That blog claims it is, and I think it is true in a way, but how do you differentiate between the government's (self-defensive) interference with the media and censorship?

And we don't really know much about the limits to which we can express our views in the Internet, right? What exactly is considered offensive?

Being quite interested in journalism myself, I personally think the post's comments on journalism were quite interesting. I admire the lady who argued with her editors in the newsroom. I think it would be interesting if a really objective, somewhat pro-opposition newspaper started circulating about Singapore.
Or is there one already?

Was feeling rather depressed at home today, because I guess that I was both fed-up with staying at home too much and also fed-up with my very immediate future-- studying, studying, studying and EOYs.

Mum noticed my lethargy and decided that we should go out to Jurong Point for a little shopping (I bought a new book called The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, unlikely that I'll read it soon because of you-know, but I'll read it in the future after the immediate one...).
Had a lunch in Lai Lai's Kitchen, then had a splitting headache on the right of my head. Amazingly, the headache vanished when I started reading random books at Popular! Yay. Stayed till 6 pm.

And then felt rather sad (like feeling one-dimensional) again after reaching home, but kind of cheered up when I started surfing the Net and blogging.

Oh, yeah.

Guess I need to pull myself out of being one-dimensional and start perking up.

-- Afterthought: And it's in times like this when I really appreciate the interaction I have with my family and friends, whoever I talked to, in whatever manner, excluding over-enthusiastic salesmen or people who try to give a free tub of lotion to my mum.
And my social circle is so tiny you could fit it into a spoon, so that makes the interaction all the more precious.
(I said spoon cause I was thinking of Hermione and Ron. "emotional range of a teaspoon"!)
Goo'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment