-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, September 7, 2009

Watched UP today and it was very funny, very touching. The boy (Russell) is so cute! And Dug too. And Kevin! Oh wells, no spoilers!

I guess flying ants were a remnant of the forests that we, correction-- I mean the guys back in 1960s, cleared away in Jurong. Now they are back here to haunt me. Was reading and suddenly -- PLOP!-- a flying ant landed on the page. I blew it away. I think I blew it off in the vague direction of a spider's web (cleverly built between the corner of my 2 cupboards), because after a while I discovered the web and i saw a flying ant struggling there. Oops.

Then there was another PLOP and another flying ant came, so I blew it again. This time it landed about 5 cm away from the spider's web. Later when I looked, it was motionless. Oops.

I think this post is actually quite cruel.

But they bothered me so much, and they came at a bad time because I was having a blocked nose.

Must be really scary to be a flying ant. Or any other insect as small as that, or smaller than that.

I would be terrified of spiders, and those huge beige blobs that move and swipe at me while I fly about. Or worse still, blow me towards the spider's web.

Eek.

I was wondering-- if people always portray giants as stupid ("big and stupid guy."), or any other large animal, like mammoths of the prehistoric times, as stupid, then doesn't it mean the bigger you are, the more stupid you get? Then aren't flying ants smarter than us? o_o heheh.

Oh wells it's just a myth. On the other hand, smarter-than-human insects would be a scary idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment