-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, September 18, 2009

Now to blog before EOY guilt sets in.

I've been picking on our education system lately, and I can't say I'm being fair here, because when people are displeased with their surroundings they try to find ways in which they can pick at the system. And then they feel a sense of vindictive pleasure after they succeed in finding weaknesses (or not) in it.

I liked John Holt's essay, and Michael (iforgot)'s essay ("the plural of leaf is tree") and I also liked the most recent compre about the weaknesses of Asian education. Although the last article is apparently biased. I guess the Western education system also places quite a bit of importance on ranking and achievements (if not why would people have the incentive to do well?), just that they don't place as much emphasis on it as we do. Anyway, this is a guess.

I feel like I've just been treating the languages as mere tools ever since I stepped into primary school. No, I think ever since I stepped into upper primary. GEP. Lower primary were the Lalaland days (yeah!). That's a hint at why I don't like the current education system.
That's why some people here do not regard the languages with as much respect as, say the Chinese Chinese or the European English do. Like, boomz, you know.

That's not the point!

I think I want to continue my newfounded love for books, and not leave those books in my room (and my brother's room) unread. (When I say books, I mean English books...oops...)

But then again, blaming the education system now seems like what only a loser would do. I guess the best thing I can do now is to study hard for the exams and
YAHOO I WILL BE FREE YAHAHAHAH.


No comments:

Post a Comment