-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, November 12, 2012

I was listening to kiss92 (as usual) and I heard this song -- Every Breath You Take. At first I thought the melody was really soothing and I thought it was a nice song about love. But lo and behold something caught my ear and I realized the lyrics are quite disturbing. It sounds like it can be sung by someone suffering from morbid jealousy. D:
Today I learnt that I should be less harsh in judging people. People-- or at least reasonable people-- always try their reasonably best and don't screw up unless they have to, and reasonable people always want to be nice unless they can't due to some external reason. Some concession should be given to everyone, including me to myself, because if I'm less harsh with myself, I'll probably be less harsh with others too.
By concession I don't mean compromising on my beliefs, but rather controlling what I say.
A few years ago, I had this belief that I could be 100% nice and that I was probably the nicest of the whole of humanity, but now I don't think so anymore. Everyone is different and it is impossible to reconcile such differences sometimes, so the concept of 'nice' was severely overrated, by me.
I think the tone of my post is a bit off-key today, but it's probably because these few days I'm feeling a bit jaded.
(jaded is a cheem word for sian)
But I feel happy talking to friends :) E.g. today I had lunch with some friends (actually I was more of a crasher but I didn't really feel that way) and talking helped to lift the grey fog swirling about my head. :)

1 comment:

  1. crasher. HAHAHA. =) actually we both were crashers. lol ^^

    ReplyDelete