-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Can't help being judged, can't help being rated. All I can do is maintain this bubble of composure in me, that reminds me that I have done what I would always have done and I've tried my best.
People definitely judge others when communicating; it's only through judging that people exchange ideas, start admiring other people, and start making friends (and enemies, but that's not my point).
So, don't take it too personally.

I'm typing this because sometimes I feel horrible when I think about grades and bell curves. The thought of myself competing with my friends and being jealous or critical of them really scares me. I've gone through such experiences before and I don't want to go through them again. I want to be myself.

That's why I really disliked it when this dude in my cca looked so agitated when our section didn't play together (i.e. rhythm not together, a bit scattered. Emphasis: a bit scattered only). Relax, we are there to enjoy ourselves, really. Standards will only go up with more practice so there's no point getting agitated. Of course he redeemed himself after that by becoming slightly more normal. But, damage done. And damage was worse because cca is definitely a place to relax, not a place to pick out bad points and get agitated over them. Conversely, if somebody gets agitated during class I'd understand better.

Sigh I'm feeling irritable today.

“Angst is not the human condition, it’s the purgatory between what we have and what we want but can’t get.” 
― Miguel SyjucoIlustrado

No comments:

Post a Comment