-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, May 6, 2013

What's happening in my life:
Went to bangkok and came back, got really absorbed in reading all 3 books of the Hunger Games immediately after/during the trip, and now here I am!

Bangkok with my bro was really fun! Highlights of the trip:
1. Watching a muay thai match (3 sets)
Party in the stadium, really, with 99% of the audience being middle-aged to old male Thais, and a substantial number of them betting on who will win the set. Lots of testosterone-loaded shouting and cheering. I huddled with my bro at a slightly quieter spot in the stadium in case, as my bro said, I get volunteered as a bet by somebody. For example, "Hey, if I win, I get this young lady down here!"
Unlikely that it will happen, but better to be safe.
But the atmosphere was really charged, I could feel it in my veins. I let out a few oestrogen-charged exclamations as well. Hmm.

2. Riding a tuk-tuk
Whee! Most romantic experience ever, except that my companion was my bro. Still, the sights were breathtaking. It can be romantic in a more personal way. It's especially romantic if you ride on it at night, on a flyover, with thousands of headlights dazzling on a road below you and the wind whistling by. Tuk-tuks travel really fast. 
Even if you're riding on a tuk-tuk in the day, it's fun enough watching the colourful streets of Bangkok fly by, with warm wind roaring at your face. The tuk-tuk is like a little roller-coaster. And imagine seeing cars so close to you that you could touch them! (and probably earn a scolding, so I did not do that).

3. Visiting a gay bar in a red-light district (Patpong district)
Really, really relaxing and refreshing place. Relaxing because all I did was order a mojito and fried ice cream, and watch the world go by, and listen to our neighbours talk. Refreshing because, wow, I've never been in a gay bar before. Changed my mindset-- I've become a bit more pro-LGBT. 
If I ever go back to Bangkok, which is quite likely, I'll visit this place again. 

One of my most memorable trips because we did not only go shopping, that's so conventional, and shopping in Bangkok is the same as shopping in Singapore, if you're staying in the malls-- I already have so many things anyway, why would anyone shop so much? Unless they were shopaholics or really enjoy pulling money out of their wallet. 
For the same reason I didn't buy my friends anything because I didn't know what they needed.
I'll probably have more opportunity to buy fluffy gifts in Korea because it's Korea and also because we'll probably spend more time shopping during that holiday.

Watching Suits now and much of it comprises the lawyers being bitches to each other. Hmm. 

I'm reaching that zone of Summer Holidays where I can almost feel my brain taking a long, lazy stretch. Stretching out to thinking of other things besides what it has been preoccupied with during the term. It feels really good, even though all I'm really doing is staying at home. Quite strange that I'm not going out as much as I thought that I would be. I assume all my law friends are happily allowing their brains to take long and lazy stretches too. After all we've seen each other in school really often. Although that doesn't mean we can't see each other more often. ^^ The inertia is huge though. I guess most of us are essentially a bunch of introverts-- definition: don't like to interact unnecessarily.

Motto in life: To find something, or better still, some things, larger than myself worth dedicating my life to. I'm still searching.
Because life is essentially more than myself.

Oh gosh I'm reminded of those university application essays that asked you about your vision for your country or something along this line. And I'm asking myself the same thing now. Well, maybe I'm maturing a bit late, but who cares? There isn't ever a right time for anything to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment