-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Performed at an event today with samba. After the performance, I decided to tag along for lunch. This dude decided to stop talking about grades-- a topic which he seems to really like (I'm not sure why), but which I didn't, and so did a couple of other girls. Sigh. The conversation meandered and I shared with them that I felt quite stressed about grades, which I slightly regret now. But it's the truth anyway, so I don't hide it.
He shared that the law friend(s) he knows look very chill. Oh whatever. Somebody else then chipped in and said that her law friend looked really tired during term time.
Later when he was sitting at another table I heard them talking about grades, again. Oh, what a lovely topic for a lunch conversation.
Okay enough nitty-gritty.

Anyway, I feel like my underlying impression of myself is that I'm not good enough, which does have some truth in it, depending on the angle you take.
But that's a losing mentality. I remember a (very wise) classmate telling somebody who was freaking out about the first day of class (guess which class)-- "Cannot think like that lah, if you think like that die already."
That makes a lot of sense. If I keep thinking that I'm not good enough it's really hard for me to be anything other than 'not good enough', and everyday will be an internal struggle between trying to achieve more and telling myself that I won't cut it. That's a miserable life.

So I should ditch this losing mentality and just focus on:
firstly, summer;
secondly, studying hard when it comes to it.

No one actually ever said I wasn't good enough. It's just myself being a bitch to myself.

Shall make it a point to remove the limitations I set on myself... More focus, more confidence, more drive and relax. (Words for when term starts)

No comments:

Post a Comment