-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, May 13, 2013

Stuff to remember: (copied from a certain Confessions post)
"1) DON'T EVER LOSE HOPE. At least you have 3 more years to catch up. So long you set your goal of achieving cum laude, persevere throughout the following semesters and start thinking like a winner, you can eventually make it. Your performance will not improve by leaps and bounds suddenly; the rise in GPA is usually gradual and there is more scope of improvement once you're done with all those pesky core modules. 
...
Aim high but aim realistically as well, those who are on the very top of the game already built up an unassailable lead in Year 1. The greatest marginal difference is between that of cum laude and High Merit, in terms of opening up opportunities. The additional magna/summa tag in front doesn't make a significant difference in most instances."


Okay. Yes! Onward to year 2.(gradually, because it's still summer)

Just finished watching Perks of Being a Wallflower. Could really identify with the characters (although there's a slightly disturbing history regarding the main character Charlie), and I teared a few times. I think the holidays made me more emotional. Or maybe as I grow older, hormones make me more emotional. :')

It made me ask myself why I used to set such high standards for myself. Some of these standards were not things that I truly wanted for myself, but just standards I picked up from other people. But that was partly because I didn't really know what life was about either. Sometimes I felt like an ignorant child thrown into a really fast-moving education, but I ignored that feeling.

Actually setting standards are a good thing, but... before you set standards for yourself, another important thing to do is really understand yourself and what you want and why you're setting that goal. The movie just made me feel like it's also really important to battle your own demons too, besides setting all those goals. Although 'demons' is a really extreme word to use-- given the privileged background I/we come from, I don't really see any demons about. In my world, in my lingo, I'll just say it's really important to know where you are coming from. And where you want to go from there.

Perks of being a wallflower's Charlie:
"My doctor said we can't choose where we come from, but we can choose where we want to go from there."

But, really, I'm glad that I come from here. Still, it's a nice quote.

I need to try that tunnel thing that Sam (played by Emma Watson) did in the movie.

WOOOOOOOOOO!

And also--
Sam: "Why do we love the people who treat us like shit?"
Charlie: "Because we accept the love we think we deserve."
~~~

Also, The Voice is really interesting to watch. the Voice 2012: I really liked Vince's voice, but he didn't win. Leanne (the winner) has a great voice too, though, I can imagine listening to her voice when I'm feeling emotional.
Here, this is a really sexy voice. Like Adam Levine's, and Ryan Tedder and Chris Martin.


Here's a lovely song for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment