-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

While studying, I was seized by a sudden desire to search something in Google. I typed in 'I feel insecure' in to the search engine.
You can roll your eyes because I feel like doing the same to myself but it would be lame if I approached a mirror and rolled my eyes, because even then I can't see my eyes rolling. Okay that's not the point!
I guess a lot of us are insecure, about this and that, and only a precious few are more secure than others. Even so they must have a little core of insecurity buried deep in them that they don't show.

Some good bits of advice from the first link I clicked:

Embrace “not knowing” – If you are uncertain you are closer to truth than when you fully certain. The mind wants conclusions but life is always open ended. Get comfortable with “not knowing” and most of your insecurities will vanish. Have you noticed that the thing you are most certain about is what lets you down?
Failure is the best thing that will happen to you – Stop judging yourself on the basis of a failure or success. No success ever lasts, neither does failure. Everything in life is just an experience. Feel free to fail miserably, it’s the best growth experience you will ever have. After all, is it not true that success teaches you nothing while failure deepens you.
Google is my counsellor. Lol.
If I might share with you one of my privatest thoughts, I think what makes me most insecure is what I think people think of me.
Which I think is quite silly. That's why I googled.
A friend said on another friend's blog that our generation has created a new phase in growing up, called emerging adulthood. I guess it's because we now have so much time to think about who we want to be and many other deep questions about ourselves. I suppose I'm in that phase right now. 
When I was young, everything was certain because everything was taken care of by somebody else, my parents, mostly. 
But now I'm in charge. (mostly)
"Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad
The only way you can know
You gave it all you had
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain"

"I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places, the things that I did
Yeah with every broken bone
I swear I lived"
I wanna be able to say this someday. 
Onerepublic is awesome! Please come to Singapore soon! :D I might be willing to burn a hole in my pocket to see them sing live. If people go with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment