-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Attempted baking with my microwave today. My first ever attempt at baking all by myself, and strangely with a microwave oven.

That sentence above already shows it was a recipe for disaster!

Threw in all the ingredients, and put it into the microwave on 'high'. 2 minutes into the baking, the texture was mushy and semi-solid. Decided to put it in for 1 more minute. That was the wrong move, because smoke started billowing out of the bowl and out of the microwave. I was scared out of my pants because I thought the microwave was going to burst into flames. I used a bamboo pole to open the microwave door because the smell was ominous (burnt carbon) and mum was scaring me with stories of exploding microwaves.
Opened the bowl gingerly with a glove. Mum used a spoon and tapped the stuff in the bowl, and oh my, it was as hard as... plastic.
Oops.

Maybe I should have just stopped at 2 minutes, and it would have tasted like... chocolate mush. Edible chocolate mush.

Scraped the stuff out of the bowl. The whole house smelt of burnt carbon for a while. Earned myself a ban from microwave baking.

I really hope my microwave is in working condition, and logically speaking, it should be.

:(

And I have actually baked successfully before, but at my friend's (Joey's) house, with a proper oven.

Mum told me to do something safer like learning how to crochet. Which looks fun, so I will try it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment