-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, March 9, 2012

This is one of the rare times this week when it's peaceful enough to blog and I actually have something to blog about. ^_^ I'm listening to cnblue's Don't Say Goodbye. I guess I like most of their songs because they are mostly ballads or country-style music (?). But I haven't reached the fangirling stage. I feel like it's a bit superficial for me to fangirl Korean bands because I have this impression that they are just part of a huge batch of commercially-produced singers/dancers. :X Oops. I'm sure they have their little quirks and personalities though, that make them more human, but I guess I'll have to watch variety shows to see that. I don't usually watch variety shows though, except running man, so I don't know much about all these singers and I only appreciate them through their music styles.

I think Claire is right when she says (or her colleague says) that what I'm interested in can be complementary with what I'm good at! I'm interested in things like sociology and international relations and political science. But I looked at the course outlines of the last 2 and I think they're a bit too heavy for my interest. ._. That's why I'm interested in the liberal arts which allows me to study a variety of social sciences and sciences. I think I'm good at science, but I don't like it that much. So... I'll think of a way to make them complementary.

For now I've decided to just apply for ync, nus law and smu law, in order of 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice. Actually the gap between 1st and 2nd choice is very small, because ync and law both have good points... and not-so-good points about them. As for scholarships, I think it's good to apply for them, but I haven't yet found an organization I'd like to sell myself to. I actually set my sights on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but it seems like they only accept undergraduates who are studying overseas. :( Time is ticking, the deadline is next Tuesday...

So I was listening to CNBlue's Try Again, Smile Again when it was interrupted by odd noises from the staircase. ._. I shan't elaborate.

I don't want to grow up to be someone who keeps saying "I should do this, and I should do that" but never actually does them. Doing that simply shows you are somebody who is sick and tired of your life but doesn't have the means to do it. From a different perspective, you could say that the person is trapped in his own circumstances, e.g. he needs to stay on in this job to provide for his family. That is what I'm afraid of and I hope I'll have the means to decide on my future and my life when I start working next time.

As for my job... it's really relaxing, you just have to handle sudden floods of information slowly. Nobody cares how long I take to do it as long as it's not unreasonable. :) What I learn from my job is: 1. to be polite on the phone no matter what they say ("youngsters nowadays arh..."/"how can you treat me like that?!yakyakyak..."/etc) although most of them are gentle, calm people who just have questions. 2. be friendly in the office. I learnt this from my colleagues who are friendly too and celebrated my birthday with a cupcake. :) Yes, you can buy my allegiance with a cupcake. I know I won't make firm friends in this office but at least it makes for a better work life. Other than these two things, I haven't learnt anything else, but it doesn't mean I'm wasting my time; I guess it's better than collecting dust at home. I'd like internships too, but... I have no contacts, and to be honest, which company would hire a random A level girl from who-knows-where?

No comments:

Post a Comment