-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that even though I've graduated from school for a few months already, I still have this little streak of insecurity that I'm lousy and other people are smarter, better than me. I know it doesn't make sense and I'm trying to get rid of this nasty, unhealthy feeling that I've felt all my schooling years.

I was assembling my seconday school certificates last night and I realized that even with decent grades, my teacher put down in the remarks column that I should set higher goals and work harder. I know it's not even wrong of her to write something like that, possibly to encourage me more, but I still can't fully accept this sort of attitude towards things: studying, life, etc. My result slip didn't reflect straight As but it was good, in my opinion. Why work so hard to get straight As when you could be doing something more worthwhile? After all, a meaningful life is not characterized by pure mugging.

I'm sure you've felt the same way before, when you did something that you thought was really good, but others didn't think it was good enough.

That was just some little issue I've been thinking of since last night (now it's morning, a new day of slacking at work). Oops did I just say that? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment