-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Firstly, I don't understand why I'm blogging so much. But heck.

I'm inspired by the actors in bbjx, especially the older ones (specifically two of them). They seem to have struggled for a long time in the entertainment industry before establishing their reputations and their fanbases. Wu Qilong managed to attend university and film movies at the same time to pay off his family debt, and Kevin Cheng only got his first breakthrough after about 9 years of acting in minor roles. 9 years! That's half of my life.

What I've learnt from them is to pick something I'd really love to do in my life, and focus all my efforts on it so I can succeed in that area. As I've told myself a few days ago, I shouldn't be looking for instant results in my life or career. Anyway, if I dedicate my life to something I like, it probably doesn't matter if I succeed in it or not, because I'd be contented with what I do everyday. And what is success anyway? Becoming famous? Being the head of a company? Success comes in many forms, and what society calls "success" is not the only thing that can bring me happiness.

*inspired* :3

But what do I really love to do? I'm asking myself this question for the nth time now, and I find myself thinking of the social sciences more often than I have. But I still can't say for certain if I would like to do science or social science in future. Meh. Dreams take time to form.

If only I could begin my life after I've decided. That means I'll decide first, and then I'll go back to being a child of 11 or 12 years old. Then I wouldn't waste time on attending more school, I'd just dive straight into learning what I love. (Why do I keep thinking that school was a waste of time? It's not the first time I've thought this way.)

Still, I must comfort myself with the fact that I AM STILL VERY YOUNG, at 19 years old. And there's plenty of time for me to find what I love. I'm too young to panic about my age.

WE ARE YOUNG, WE ARE GOLDEN!!!
(We are not what you think we are!)
inspired by lyrics from Mika's We Are Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment