-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today I'll recount interesting and pleasant stories of my day.
I was slacking (as usual) at NUH today, and I was looking at pictures of The Hobbit at my desk. A guy (don't know who, someone who works there) walked past and asked, "Is that the hobbit?" I told him yes. He asked when the movie would be coming out, and I told him that it would come out at the end of this year. Great, he said. Wow, it's nice to know there are Hobbit lovers out there! I would have talked more with him, or given him a high-five, but he went back to work.
After 'work' I went to buy dinner for the whole family. The rice cost $8.10, but the guy at the stall knocked off 10 cents. 10 cents isn't much, and you can't buy anything with 10 cents nowadays, but it was the gesture that made the rest of my day! Then after that he wished me a happy new year. This is what I call great service-- great service is not work, but being genuinely friendly to anyone who buys from your stall.

Right now I'm listening to beautiful songs in Wicked: listening to voices which are not auto-tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment