-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, January 28, 2012

This is going to be a post about how I realized that I'm probably still quite a spoilt child. And I think I will sound like a 10-year-old kid. So... if you've always thought I was a mature person (it's an image I've always tried to portray), you were wrong...
I asked my mum if I could go to a sleepover, which was actually organized very last minute at about 9 pm. She stopped me from going and I spent the next few minutes sulking about it. Reasons for not letting me go: it was too late, I would be travelling alone, and I just saw the same bunch of people in the afternoon, so travelling at night just to meet them again was a stupid idea to her.
But it was a sleepover with newly-made friends! So I was very sore about not going. And the idea of my friends having fun without me was heart-wrenching. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.) After sulking and pondering for a while I decided to yield to authority and motherly concern, and stay at home.
What really makes me guilty is how I was sulking right in front of my mum (because I was recording some songs from Youtube for her, and so she was sitting next to me), and how I realized she started sulking with me too. Another thing that makes me guilty is that I haven't been spending much time with her.
Moral of the story:
... Live in moderation; I don't need to spend so much time with friends.
And plan your activities in advance to prevent disappointment!

As a side note: I really treat this blog as a place for emotional diarrhea-- when I feel upset, confused, angry, and so on, I will write uncomfortable truths here. So reading this blog is like understanding a totally different person from who I am in social settings. It might be odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment