-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jazz is surprisingly nice, imo, it has a wonderfully bouncy tigger-y feel to it. At least for the song I'm listening to now. From BBC's jazz series I think? Featuring the BBC concert orchestra. Wow!

Was talking to my mum today, as I do when I feel like I need to
a) form a Plan of some sort
b) express my thoughts so I can sleep better later, without thoughts chasing themselves around in my head

And she remarked that life was cruel... It might sound really serious when I say it like that here, but it was just a very matter-of-fact comment, and also a slightly pessimistic one...
You might be good. But if no one notices it then all your talent and effort is as good as naught. You might be trying your best. But if no one thinks so then your effort goes down the drain.

Anyway, I think I wouldn't want to live in a world where everything could be explained. Because mystery is part of living-- we're always in search of something and that's why we still wake up every morning. And if all the answers in the world could be found I think we'll all sink into existentialist depression, because by then we would have no more space to imagine and no more purpose to live.

I think it's time for me to be disciplined, to come up with a plan and stick to it. Given the undesirable state of affairs of school.

Broke a record for NAPFA today-- I got A for inclined pull ups!!! I think it's because I've been carrying my little friend, the not-so-light euphonium, around so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment