-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Sunday, May 13, 2012

When a lightbulb goes out, you buy a new one and replace it.

When the light leaves somebody's eyes, you mourn the person and eventually life goes on... But no one can replace that person. The pace at which life goes on depends on how well you knew that person. If you didn't know him/her at all, life goes on in a second. If you knew him/her well, then... life could take years or decades to go on.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that although I've never known the senior who passed away during NS training, it taught me again that I have no right to feel the slightest bit of sadness unnecessarily. For example, a few minutes ago I was just feeling down that it was Sunday night (and that the next day is Monday). When somebody leaves like that, his past, present and future vanish, just because of a tragic coincidence: he just happened to be in that jeep and the jeep flipped over in that precise manner. I've realized again that life is fragile and I should spend it wisely.

But of course I cannot actually organize my emotions the way I want them to be, like how I arrange my belongings in their specific compartments to prepare for the next day. I just happen to lack some endorphins in my system now. I guess what I can control is my lifestyle. E.g. set some rules to exercise so that endorphins can be released into my endocrine system. 

Oh well! Here's a sweet song that I heard on the radio today (Class 95!)
And life goes on...with us having better knowledge of how to tread its path wisely. At least I hope so... I seem to have a rather poor memory.

Just had a scary thought. Imagine everyone you knew standing on the edge of a pit, and the slightest shift in coincidences could tip them over into the inaccessible unknown down below.
D:
TOUCH WOOD.
This is a sign that I'm thinking too much. I have too much time on my hands. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment