-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, May 7, 2012

This blossoming feeling I feel in my torso when I listen to music must be love. It happens when I listen to music by The Piano Guys. :D
I like this book I'm reading:

It teaches me many things, such as:
1) It is not "I think, therefore I am", but "I feel, therefore I am" and "I suffer, therefore I am". This is why we enjoy "emo-ing". It brings us closer to the individual inside ourselves.
2) Love and our favourite music can do the same thing to us-- filling us up! The author calls it the "hypertrophying" of our soul.
But the author seems to think there's nothing wrong with infidelity, which is frowned upon in our society. I guess that's a cultural difference between Asian societies and Western societies. But it's a difference that is being blurred.

I guess I shall stop discussing the book and leave you all to go find the book if you're interested in it. :)

Here's a passage from the book which I found very relaxing to read:
"Road: a strip of ground over which one walks. A route differs from a road not only because it is solely intended for vehicles, but also because it is merely a line that connects one point with another. A route has no meaning in itself; its meaning derives entirely from the two points that it connects. A road is a tribute to space. Every stretch of road has meaning in itself and invites us to stop. A route is the triumphant devaluation of space, which thanks to it has been reduced to a mere obstacle to human movement and a waste of time.


Before roads and paths disappeared from the landscape, they had disappeared from the human soul: man stopped wanting to walk, to walk on his own feet and to enjoy it. What's more, he no longer saw his own life as a road, but as a route: a line that led from one point to another, from the rank of captain to the rank of general, from the role of wife to the role of widow. Time became a mere obstacle to life, an obstacle that had to be overcome by ever greater speed."

No comments:

Post a Comment