-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

When I get rejected, I feel this simmering rage in me. Anyway, it seems like NUS law rejected me, from what I see on the joint acceptance portal. -.- Curse the interview! I could go on about how the world is unfair (and so can anyone I pick off the streets), but it's such a well-worn phrase, so I'll forget about it. And I'll move on with... listening to music and then sleeping.

Anyway, something else I wanted to write down before I got distracted by the joint acceptance portal:
Living with loved ones is both heartwarming and irritating. It's time I stop being selfish and tuning in only when I want to. If I were the one being ignored, I think I'd feel very hurt.

And I felt inspired to be myself as much as possible after reading a book. Sometimes things happen and you try to change yourself to improve the situation. Sometimes you call that "adapting", but other times it is actually "trying too hard to squeeze into another personality". I don't want to lose myself in this crazy maze that is life, so I'll hold on more tightly to myself from now on. Do I sound very egocentric? I mean, I'll hold on to my family and friends too. After all, they are a part of who I am. They make up my memories. And they care for me, which is why I care for them too.

Urgh, I still feel angry. But it's lessening to a feeling that can be likened to having a swarm of flying ants swirling around my living room. i.e. IRRITATING!

But after a while of listening to lots of The Piano Guys, especially their song "All of Me", which consists of lots of dramatic chords and light running notes, I feel normal again, like I was before I checked the portal. I mean, life throws obstacles at you, but you don't let it make you bitter. Similar to what I mentioned about holding onto myself. ^_^
Take that, fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment