-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, November 26, 2010

Wow I've hit 200 posts?

Sometimes I feel like I haven't talked enough on some days, and maybe that's why I come here to do more talking. Indeed I didn't do ANYTHING at all today. At NUH I mean.

Today was the last day all 8 of us will go to NUH... I think I had quite a lot of fun mixing with them, there are really nice people in there :3 People who allow others to kope their iPhones every minute to play NinjaJump and TapTap, including me, and I'm proud to say that I'm the lowest-scoring person for both games; people who are easy to chat to; people who just have "laugh now!" written on their noses. I mean that in a good way...

When people ask me what I want to study at university, I think my true answer is I don't know? But the answer that comes to mind first is medicine. Do I really want to study that actually?

I think for the past 11 years of school I've been waiting for things to happen to me. Maybe I should start making things happen to me? As in, I feel like I should apply myself more to the world outside, and stop cooping myself up in the world of school, home and school. But this requires concrete plans, which I should dream up the next few days. No, dream is not a good word. I should start to seriously consider these plans.

I think I've only got half a foot in the idea of taking H3 next year... Firstly, I regret not appealing for the pharm chem course, and now it's too late. And now the only H3 option open to me is Proteomics for Biology and I think I honestly don't have the intellectual capacity to handle that, plus all my H2 subjects. And the MOE H3 exam is around the same time as A' levels. It's a wonder I even have half a foot in the idea of taking H3.
And also, if I can do well for all my H2 subjects, it would be quite a wonderful thing already...

I miss school. I mean, the environment that school immerses me in. Still, the holidays are like a sweet breath of fresh air in the middle of all the mucky polluted air that is sometimes school so I do appreciate it. Although I wish my holidays were busier? Still, those free days I have now could be used for lost family and friend time that I didn't set aside during term time.

Should start researching for KI soon. I was thinking of one or two topics yesterday, and all those big questions came up in my mind, and all these questions came quite fuzzily, like I haven't been in touch with big issues for a long time, and doing research suddenly made my brain switch to an unused ground that seemed slightly deja vu.
I was thinking about doing something about the death sentence in Singapore and how it relates to our understanding of human nature. Like, do we think human nature is good or bad, and how does this justify our government's stand on capital sentences? I did some research and nothing really concrete could be found. Everything was quite fuzzy and sometimes the research meandered into religious ground, which I don't want to be touching on in my project.

I think religion doesn't feature heavily in my life right now... it's like something I bother to think about because it's what my family believes in. I think when people grow older, they naturally turn to religion more, so I think I'll be more religious next time.
Although I really don't have an answer to why there was a big bang in the first place, and why us apes came wandering onto earth.
But I think some lessons in Biology this year really cleared things up about how the earth is today.

If the world ends in 2012, at least that will give us enough time for a short break between JC and university, so we can do our favourite things first before we all vapourize and become nothing more than particles of rock and gas in outer space.

No comments:

Post a Comment