-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Well if you say your world is small, I now feel like mine is smaller, because the only people I know outside are people I've got to know from ny and ny and hc. But I'm not saying this in a i'm-worse-than-you-so-stop-complaining kind of tone I'm just reflecting about my own life after reading about yours.

Sigh I feel like I'm in a bit of a limbo myself.

As I thought to myself earlier, I've sold my holidays to an attachment. After I really found out what was in store ahead of me I couldn't help thinking of all the things I'd miss out on, one of the most obvious ones being Band pracs on Wednesdays and Fridays, and this is quite disastrous since concert's coming up. And other things being outings with friends and I suppose, homework time. But another part of me thinks that I shouldn't allow myself to bum around at home since I lack the self-discipline to go out and chuang3 on my own, by doing some self-initiated CIP or going to work or things like that. So I shall just do it positively and after all it is interesting working with new people, new people being other hc people from other classes, and staff members at nuh. And wearing work-clothes, yeah.
This is such a roundabout train of thought I'll never get tired of thinking about what I just wrote; as I've said above I've thought about this before.

Anyway I had my first day of attachment yesterday. No one to interview because the glaucoma clinic was closed, except for one patient who happened to be there, so my friend went to interview her. So I spent the day backing up data (images, videos) in a hard disk and chatting with fellow attachees (hmm) and going in and out of rooms, watching how people's eyes were scanned. Saw images of retinas and and irises, things like that. Addressed a staff member as auntie and promptly heard her friend laugh non-stop about it, so paiseh. x)

Mmm I suddenly feel like I'm very narrow-minded, like I'm a turtle at the bottom of the sea complaining about how dark the bottom of the sea is.

Mmm I'm missing out on band pracs which do sound quite fun, from what pling says, and I'm going to turn up for band prac on saturday sounding like I've never played the euphonium even once. Actually I won't make any sound at all, I'll be too busy figuring out how to count and gaping at the notes because they are too high or something >( .
Btw, I hope you can tell I'm exaggerating.

And I do feel quite bad for skipping two outings in a row, the first being fac outing and the second being sec 4 class outing.

Meant to do some homework tonight but I didn't know how to do about half of it (maths tutorial) and if anyone has done it, please call me and introduce yourself as my P&C fairy godmother.

Spent my day absorbed in a book called Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Goodnight, and this turtle is going to sleep in her very dark room.

Read this. http://singapore2025.wordpress.com/2010/10/22/marshall-of-singapore/ :) It is an interview of David Marshall in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment