-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I don't know why there are so many things that are fundamentally wrong with the world around me and nobody notices. I repeat into the void: There are many things that are fundamentally wrong with the world around me.
And my voice echoes around me. I'm stewing in my own echoes. And outside the window, the world bustles on.

The best thing for me to do now is forge ahead against the current towards what I love. And stop getting distracted. And stop letting it hurt me.

I know what I love, and I know I'm doing what I love, or at least like. That should be good enough. That places me among the most fortunate people in this world.

There are many other fundamentally wrong things that are actually worth correcting. The ones that bother me are not worth correcting. The ones that bother me are people. People are not worth my investment because people are oblivious and selfish. They say one thing but their actions prove otherwise.

Ideas. Ideas are worth my time. Or some practical action. Honestly, I believe there are many other things that need attention in our world, not just my wounded feelings and pride. I just need some time to let the ache pass. Maybe it won't pass and it will just turn into stone. Which is fine, as long as my heart doesn't turn into stone.

#peace #letitgo #beyourself #pride #idontunderstandorlikehumans #babiesarebetter #animalsarebetter #familyisanexceptionthough

I'm not joking. Those hashtags are funny but they aren't a joke.

And I still remember my 2014 resolution-- to be at peace with everyone and with myself. Right. It's a seemingly modest resolution but really, it's damn difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment