-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sitting in a coffee bean near my house now and enjoying red velvet cake and hot chocolate, because I wasn't hungry enough to join my friends for lunch! Although on the way here I got really hungry. And sleepy.
Thought through a number of things on the way to coffee bean....realized that whenever I feel bad, I just have to remember that there are much worse things in life, as my brother said. And I also have to be more generous to myself and not keep sticking to the same old routine of samba study sleep eat study lessons and so on! And if I'm more generous I tend to be a happier person. 
Today I decided not to go for lunch with classmates in the end cos... I guess I decided that I needed some time alone. Some time spent not doing anything at all! So I decided to give myself a treat... it can be a treat for finishing 3 presentations in 2 days. I realize I have the tendency to change my mind at the last minute, but ... whatever. No ill intention! 
Presentations and strict profs really do make me grow up. Yesterday I got chided by my prof during my presentation, because of random little things-- she did warn us that she was going to be come down hard on us. But... after the presentation I just shrugged it off because some people just like to be mean to others to help them learn. The prof did say that she's so harsh because she feels that she's a gateway-- she keeps out the people who aren't good enough to be lawyers. Hmm... sounds noble BUT ominous. What a paradox. Anyway after the presentation my groupmate gave me a cute face and a thumbs-up. Hahaha! :) So it made me feel good. 
Anyway yesterday I also realized that samba is a huge factor that keeps me going in school. And even if I'm not super close to the people, I don't think it matters at all. 
I don't know how my classmates are so driven to go for moots. Just finishing my readings and getting decent grades is sufficient for me already. o_o Different things make different people tick. 
AND I need to burn midnight oil more times because I'm behind in my readings. I've been switching off for the lessons this week because I have no idea what the prof is saying. SIGH.
I miss all my friendsss. Will arrange meet ups soon. Or already in the process of arranging. Except for friends who are overseas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment