-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What monsters work can transform us into. We get swamped by banal work everyday and we relieve stress by laughing about things that aren't very funny at all and by gossiping. Of course, laughter is the best medicine so there isn't any harm in that. Gossip is harmless chatter-- it can't hold a candle to (for example) school bullying and everyone gossips about everyone. But what work does to us is that it makes us stare with vacant eyes on the train as if we were lost sheep in life.
My main point is, it saps me of my energy and makes me want to become a lump of plasticine rather than whatever I've dreamed of being last time. And 'monsters' largely refers to myself because I get more defensive about issues and more touchy when my mum nags me about them. Usually when she 'nags' I listen and take in her advice, but today I started snapping at her a little more. :(
I wonder how my mum (and not just my mum, but other mums too) does it? How do they work and still manage to take care of their children?

No comments:

Post a Comment