-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today I realized that it wasn't work that was making me so tired, it was home! Because when I reach home the combined effect of the TV and sofa and bed is too much for me to bear, and it is all I can do to not plonk down on my bed to sleep immediately! Am I making sense? My main point is that I'm just being lazy so I'd like to cancel out all the angsty whining I did the past few days.
Work today was actually not too bad. A lot of sai kang but I decided that my colleagues are nice people, mostly. I also decided to slack more and not work so hard. ^^ 
I realized (again) that day that I have almost no lasting jc friendships. (Emphasis: almost!) And then I wondered if I was being heartless to have so few friends. But after that I concluded that there was no point in wondering about that. Because, well, maybe it takes a special affinity to become lasting friends. :)
One thing I'll have to gripe about is how the alarm clock wakes me up every morning. Here's a great quote from a book I'm reading:
"In this country people don't respect the morning. An alarm clock violently wakes them up, shatters their sleep like the blow of an ax, and they immediately surrender themselves to deadly haste. Can you tell me what kind of day can follow a beginning of such violence? What happens to people whose alarm clock daily gives them a small electric shock? Each day they become more used to violence and less used to pleasure. Believe me, it is the mornings that determine a man's character."
- From Farewell Waltz by Milan Kundera
WISE WORDS! That's why I snooze and wake up at the latest possible time every morning (and that's why I'm a little late for work every morning too). But I'm doing it all for peace. ^^v

No comments:

Post a Comment