-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hi friends, if some words are cut off, adjust text size in your browser to 100%. :)

Sometimes I read little fragments in books that give me deja vu. Here's one of them:
"... the world is at some sort of border; if it is crossed everything will turn to madness: people will walk the street holding forget-me-nots or kill one another on sight. And it will take very little for the glass to overflow, perhaps just one drop: perhaps just one car too many, or one person, or one decibel. There is a certain quantitative border that must not be crossed, yet no one stands guard over it and perhaps no one even realizes that it exists." 
(from "Immortality" by Milan Kundera)
I sometimes feel like I'm teetering on the edge of something, just like that. It usually happens when I'm stressed.

Second day of working at customer service:
I do feel a sense of satisfaction when I successfully answer a person's questions, but how much do I bother to help all these people? I don't care if I miss calls sometimes (I just let it ring), usually because there are other things to do. I'm reminded of a certain Grant Gustin (handsome Glee actor who has a huge Twitter following), who once said that he makes an effort to reply tweets because "it's good to make someone's day". I guess what he said is partly motivated by his desire to become as likeable as he can, but at the same time it's also a phrase to remember and learn from.

In my dreams, I will be a British rock singer with long hair I can swish around while singing, and I will wear tattered clothes and dance with my microphone on stage. British bands are so good! Especially those from the 90s, such as Oasis and Muse. 

Here's a rather unconventional music video (not to the extent which Lady Gaga's videos have reached):
She's not the typical female singer. :) The song is best appreciated together with the music video because I think the tune can be quite forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment