-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Girl in the White Uniform
I am the unnoticed, the unnoticeable girl,
The girl who always stands next to you during assembly,
The girl who was the colour of the white-washed wall, the sound of
everyday chatter,
The girl who might have exchanged a few forced words with you.
I am the girl trying to find her place in class,
Too hurried and worried to see and smell and touch:
The girl who is patient too long and obeys too much
And wishes too softly and seldom.

I am the girl they call the nation's future.

I am the easily led, the spoon-fed,
The tool for another person's success,
The safe-and-sound,
Stone-for-a-statue, pebble-round.












There you go, adapted from A.S.J. Tessimond's poem in PDD.

Not trying to be a budding poet or whatever academically-related, I just thought it would be fun putting in 'girl' instead of 'man'.
Deleted a chunk of the poem instead of editing it, because I couldn't think of better replacements.
I hope I didn't just insult the whole of the literary world by mutilating another person's poem...
And I'm ... not... insinuating anything at anyone.
Just for light reading...

And because physics is...
still on its way to my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment