-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, April 12, 2014

What I think I've figured out is, it's really important to know what your goal is. I know we've been told this by many people many times, but it's hard to know the meaning of what people are trying to say sometimes.
If my goal is to measure up to a certain definition of 'success', I'll be extremely panicky and touchy about all the work I'm doing. Like some people I observe around me. I will feel like wringing everyone's neck for the simple reason that they exist.
If I tell myself I have a gift, and my goal now is to hone it and then help other people in future, then we're finally talking. I do have a gift. So do you and so does everyone else. We're all relatively smart people, aren't we? That is a gift. My inspiration is from the nun who sang on The Voice Italy-- when the judge asked her why she was auditioning, she said, "well I have a gift and I'm giving it to you, doesn't it work that way?" That was really cute.
Even with this in mind, it still won't be easy.
But at least it takes out all the unnecessary fear and animosity. And it makes it easier to accept everyone around you.
Fear and animosity are poison, and they cloud your judgement.



No comments:

Post a Comment