-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm really quite envious of my brother, who is off climbing Mount Fanzipan in northern Vietnam now, with sightseeing and good food to boot. (Now repeat "good food to boot" in your head. Doesn't it sound wonderful?) I'm not crazy about mountain climbing; in fact, the thing closest to a mountain I've climbed before is probably Bukit Timah Hill during OBS (was it OBS? I forgot). But it's about being away from this place that matters most. If you want to know what Mt Fanzipan could look like, then here you go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hanoidays/51581952/
It looks like a furry green rug with spots of lint (they are actually the houses).

Right. So why do I feel like going away? Sometimes when I study, I feel like the whole world is imploding and I'm at the centre of it all. It feels really claustrophobic. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened twice in the past 3 days already. Today during Chemistry class I felt the urge to go jogging (quite unfathomable to the side of me that idolizes Garfield). Also felt quite bored and the teacher's voice seemed really loud to me.
Sigh.

I do feel better now, after dinner and watching Ai (yes, it's episode 680+ already) and a small dollop of ice-cream.

I guess this horrible feeling could be somewhat avoided if I just stop thinking about how I'm lagging behind my revision schedule and my BT2 grades. I should just focus on the moment and do whatever's sensible. If my sensibility fails me 3 weeks later, then at least it would have been sharpened. I should believe in my sensibility.
And seriously, it's just the first small (what do I call it?) obstacle/hurdle/event I have to go through for this year. I should just chill in a corner. With my notes.

A boy was running from a lion. He ran and ran, but he came to a cliff. He decided to jump down. Halfway down, he managed to break his fall by grabbing hold of a clump of grass. Death was certain both ways-- he couldn't climb back up for the lion was bound to be waiting for him, but he couldn't let go either. Then he noticed there were some strawberries growing on the grass.
"What do you think he should do?"
"Dunno."
"Eat the strawberries."
- Adapted from American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Anyway, I hope I didn't just make you depressed. Here's a song to cheer you up: The girl's voice has this clear and clean-cut quality that I like; it's like ice. Yup stolen from poey's plog.


No comments:

Post a Comment