-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I was inspired when I read this interview by Hugh Herr (the guy on yesterday's Straits Times). He said, "People who are creative don't view life as a series of successes and failures. they view life as a process of discovery and inspiration. From that comes the fearlessness required for creation and the ability to believe in something that doesn't yet exist."

I guess my main response would be that failure does not necessarily signal the end of your future-- oh, you're doomed to be unemployed and you have to beg on the streets, things like that-- and success doesn't necessarily mean you're destined for great things next time-- with lots of recognition in your job, a high pay, etc.
Just be yourself and lead an equally fulfilling life.
Either aristotle or herodotus said that one's life is not happy until one is dead-- meaning you can only judge your life when you've passed on. I think it's Herodotus because I remember reading it in Neil Gaiman. So stop evaluating your life obsessively and just move on. (of course, some self-reflection every now and then would be perfect).

I think I'm blogging now because I haven't decided what to revise next. Hmm. Bye.
Go study and stop staring at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment