-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, January 3, 2011

I just discovered new homework...
Anyway, here's an excerpt from a book that I found made sense and struck a chord with me.

"...Or will they say, ... that my parents never forced me into doing law. I just read their minds, I guess. Besides, all my friends were doing it. It was the Singapore Dream.
Will they argue that it was some external ideology, the system, peer pressure, or the government, that compelled them to do as they did not want to do, think as they did not want to think or feel as they did not want to feel? Will they lament that nothing would ever change in Singapore, or say that making the change was up to the government, or that they were too afraid to 'fight for what they believe in'...?"

I think this bombards the reader quite a lot but personally I really thought like that...last time, sometime in secondary school. I thought that not doing an 'elite job' next time was going to be a disgrace and so I limited my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment