-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh my I feel constipated. Really. In the most common sense of the word. It's a dull painful presence in left side of my abdomen. Urgh. I've eaten a slice of papaya and drunk a cup of water.

My brain activity has kind of ground to a halt. I think blogging might bring it back to life... then I can attempt my report... on glaucoma...

My thoughts are scattered today...my brain's data assimilating centre is not working...oughhh...

So, we all have our own ideals, of what the world should be...Or maybe not, we probably don't know yet because we (I) haven't seen much of the world.
And we also have our own ideals of what a person should be like... and we sometimes envision this person in the future, as maybe a bestest best friend, or a confidante, or the perfect spouse. Or we sometimes see all these qualities manifest in a person we already know, like our parents, or an elder relative, or a friend.

But most of the time all these ideals are not assimilated together in one person, or we find it hard to believe we can ever meet such a wonderful person in our lives, that's why we need heroes. Like Superman. Or Lai Wuji (^^). But heroes exist in reel life, and we cannot pin our hopes on fiction.

So we spot these ideals all over the place, in people we meet. Or sometimes we meet people who are entirely new (new people aren't that hard to find in my case) and they contribute to our list of ideals.
That's why we meet people. We are social creatures.
It does not do to stay in the house for...say...more than a week.

You know when you read books, the author sometimes describes the characters so well. Every change of expression.
She hastily rearranged her features.
His lip twitched. With anger I suppose.
A dark shadow crossed her eyes.

But. I mean! When you talk to people, can you really see all those things? Especially the last one. I wonder if it's possible to observe every change in expression of people around you... but I don't really want to try because I'd be classified as a weirdo before the conversation is up.

Sometimes I do catch a glimpse of an odd expression in the people I talk to. A moment of hesitation. Awkwardness. Uncertainty. Appraisal. A knowing look. And I wonder what they are thinking, for that moment.

Okay enough crapping bye. :)

Hmm. All these words I've used to describe expressions in people around me. Hmm I think they do reflect very well how people feel around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment