-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!
I don't actually celebrate Christmas, but it has sort of become an international festival already, and since it's a day of giving thanks, I would like to thank...
(in no particular order)

My dear friends, for being my dear friends, and letting me feel like I'm a part of your life even when we are miles apart geographically! (Singapore is quite a few miles long)

The people on attachment with me at NUH, for being such a fun bunch. Holiday life wouldn't have been so fun without them.

My section-mates in band, who aren't what you would call very outspoken, or outgoing, but who have been faithfully attending every section outing! It has been fun eating/walking around with them, because I enjoy talking with them. And they are really nice people to be around. I admire some people who take the initiative to call for outings and share presents for every occasion all the time.

And of course my dear family, my mum, my bro, and my aunts and uncle too, for being my dear family.

Shall recall snippets of this week, since I don't want to do anything else and I'm so sleepy.

Went for Classiques, Philharmonic Youth Orchestra's performance, at Esplanade! All the songs were very nice, especially Gustav Mahler's song (forgot name.), and the one about Casanova. The Christmas song was nice too! :D

And today I went into the Operating Theatres to watch the doctor do some eye surgery, specifically putting a new lens into the patient's eye. The first impression I had when I went in was horror, because the eye was really bloody and red. Got transfixed by the monitor (which was connected to a camera/magnifier/microscope thingy to blow up the eye, so that the surgeons and nurses could see the eye in detail).
Not a job I would like to do.

Went for a lot of band things this week, to celebrate a section-mate's birthday, to prepare and go for band exchange, and to watch Classiques. Won't be seeing band people until 4th or 5th Jan and 6 Jan probably, because we have band chalet then!

Now that attachment is over (except that I have to go back on Monday again T.T), I should plan my time properly and make sure I really finish my homework! D:

Dreading 2011 and not wanting 2010 to end.
And I've fully come to terms with the fact that a new school term is going to start.

And a lot of people I mentioned in this post won't see this post, or this blog at all, but it's okay, because giving thanks is actually partly selfish. Besides expressing gratitude it also helps to lighten my mind...it works like a Pensieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment