-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Thursday, March 20, 2014

And this dream costs less elsewhere. It costs much more where I am chasing it. That was the choice I made without knowing what I would be facing for 4 years.
What can I say. Could I say that I am sort of attending the university of 'harder' knocks? I know I'm still damn privileged and all but compared to others elsewhere, the others could very well be lounging on the thrones while I toil away here.
Well, I exercised my right to choose 2 years ago. I don't see how I can change it.
And if I am not changing it, I am damn well standing up for myself here and I'm going to do spankingly excellently well. As much as I can. While remaining sane and remaining myself.
Damn all those people lounging on their high thrones and passing judgement on us.

But if I strip away all these emotional drama-mama, and think about it logically, I would arrive at the same conclusion. No matter what career path I seek, I would have to have good grades to even be granted the job. So, case closed. Don't bother with the nitty-gritty. Go study. The world can go screw itself.

Ray Charles, honouring Nelson Mandela: "He taught me the meaning of perseverance, he taught me what it means to have a belief, goal and desire."

No comments:

Post a Comment