-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Somehow I didn't hear anyone cursing today. Hold on-- somebody did, I cringed, but I let it go more easily. Maybe I'm getting used to it. Actually I'm more fine with it being used in casual conversation, but in class, or when talking about work, I don't like to hear it.

I'm really a little too tired to tired to absorb more contract law stuff. I read and then realize I'm not digesting the words; so I read again and I realized it's actually an easy,  non-convoluted sentence. Time for a break.

Life...now is a bit more hectic. I'm sure 13 weeks (the length of one term) will pass in no time. Now it's week 3 and I don't really feel any closer to any of my acquaintances, maybe closer by a degree or two, but basically not much different from where we started off in week 1. Today I even got the feeling that I'm disliked, not that it's hurting me, but my point is I don't feel exactly homey in this place. But maybe that's because I wasn't in a good mood today, being Monday and being such a long day too.

On the bright side! Everyone else is nice and friendly and will chat with you for free, and pepper you with smiles too. Profs are encouraging and smart. And then they make you feel smart. ;) Food is good.

I think the people I meet are really interesting. It's refreshing meeting new people and finding out that they are so different from you, and so similar in some endearing ways. For e.g. you get the sort of people who think life is a battleground. Nothing wrong with that. They can also be very friendly. But somehow when you're near these people you get the feeling that they are always on the edge of their seats, always ready to rise to the challenge. And they make you want to sit on the edge of your seat too.  E.g. 2-- the smart and quiet kind of person. These people are fascinating. When you talk to them you sense lots of whirring activity going on in their brains and you wish you could just dissect their brains and see what goes on in there. E.g. 3-- the people who like to sit at the back of class and guffaw loudly at anything remotely funny. And they make me laugh too. E.g. 4-- this is me, I like to relax and sit at the back of the class too. But I don't guffaw, I giggle/chuckle/anything that is softer. I'm quite quiet.
There are many more sorts of people, but the first 3 stick in my head the most.

Maybe it's time to go back to my textbook.

1 comment:

  1. I find eg.2 ppl fascinating too! :D (Sorry marshy, I hope I'm not polluting your blog with silly comments :O)

    ReplyDelete