-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I've never felt more like a lump of dough...Unless you count one of the days last week when I was feeling like that too. You know it when your mum says something and you hear it as something totally different, just because your brain isn't working and it isn't connected to your ears. You know it when you pull out something to revise, and then the next thing you do is collapse face down on the table.
Last night I gave a long hard thought about people I've heard of who struggle with the little amount of time they have. I'm not talking about ultra-busy executives; I'm talking about terminally ill people. We've heard stories of them. And then I felt rather ashamed of myself, because I was whiling hours away at the tv and at the computer, complaining to myself about studying, and doing nothing for the people around me. I told myself to spend my time productively the next day, but I don't know how, actually. Today I just spent time reading and surfing the net and watching tv.
But, anyway, I'm so in love with their music:

If I ever want a song for some major event of my life, I'll pick this song.
Today I finally played on my piano, after many months of not touching it at all. There're 3 stuck keys and I played over them anyway, while playing the songs I used to play. It was comforting, but it was a little alarming to discover how fast my sense of rhythm had eroded. I have half a mind to learn new songs for the piano after a levels...
Sometimes I scorn at myself for dreaming up big idealistic plans but not carrying them out in the end. It's either time to find out how lazy I've gotten, or time to find out what I really care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment