-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I arrived here with plenty of things running through my head, but I thought that writing with no clear purpose in mind was rather silly and also a waste of time.
Anyway, I think Coldplay oozes style. Maybe 'oozes' is not the right word; I can't think of a stylish word now. I love Chris Martin's soaring tenor.
:X
I do feel many things now, but all these feelings seem to have dimmed for now in this exam rush.
I'm thinking of the times I've gone for campfires, and how heartwarming it felt to sit down in circles around the 5-metre high blazing fire. All the faces on the other side of the fire were blurred (smoke was rising, it was dark, the fire was sputtering), but I remember bright white teeth flashing: girls were laughing and smiling, and their laughter was infectious. I remember wondering if the Guiders sitting by the side were bored, but now I think it must have been a rather humbling experience for them, to sit among people who reminded them of their childhood and to see them scream and shout without a worry in the world.
It would be nice if I could organize a campfire with all the people who ever meant something to me. It doesn't matter whether they have stopped meaning anything to me. Let's face it-- I learnt a few years ago (I can't pinpoint the exact year) that people come and go and they mean different things to you as life proceeds. Let's say that these people are still precious to me because I keep in mind all the times we spoke together and shared  light moments together. Now we've separated, but my memories remain and they come back to me occasionally.
But let's face another fact: memories change and people might not remember the same things, and if they do, they recall it at different times. That's what causes estrangement.
So, paradise for me would be sitting down together with everyone who means and meant anything to me and having a huge party together around a campfire. But I'm not sure what I'd say to them. It would be nice if feelings were tangible and they could be contained in a pretty box, and when people open it they'd be able to see/smell/feel it for what it exactly is. I'd pull out a feeling like Dumbledore pulls out his thoughts with a wand and puts them in his Pensieve. And feelings would be tasted, like how the girl in The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake tastes her mother's emotions in her cooking.
Speaking of paradise, go listen to Paradise by Coldplay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment