-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm sitting in my room, on the verge of feeling bored. Not feeling bored because I'm trying not to waste my holidays feeling bored... :)

First, the trip to Bangkok (4th to 9th december) was a very relaxing one. Retail therapy. It wasn't much of a cultural eye-opener, because Bangkok is almost like Singapore in terms of its landscapes. But it was amusing to observe how shopkeepers tap their goods with your money if you're their first customer. And I also heard korean pop music playing in several stalls in Chatuchak (the huge market). Rejoice! I didn't realize the korean wave had spread to Bangkok too.
And the retail staff in Bangkok are almost all very friendly and easy-going (like with bargaining).
:)

I'm now listening to 紙飛機 by 林憶蓮. Very comforting song. Didn't realize before now that Chinese songs could be so simple but sentimental... now I appreciate Chinese lyricists more.
Plus, this song was written by a local lyricist (Xiaohan I think). :)

Also, I wanted to volunteer at my aunt's hospital (St. Andrew's Community Hospital) around now, but the plan was scrapped. Because my uncle persuaded my aunt that hospitals are not safe enough for volunteer work... since there are germs all around...
But I don't think I am very passionate about this volunteering stint anyway, not now, especially since this hospital is in Simei (and I'm in Jurong).

I think someone's horn spoilt. It's beeping repeatedly >.<
Oh it stopped. Yay!

And I spent Monday and Tuesday helping to paint our main door (it's now peach and white). Still haven't given the grill a final coat of paint... Sigh... painting is tiring work.

Signed up for MUNIP (model united nations introductory programme) at S.'s invitation. I have a few reservations about this programme, but I think it's worth a try and it could be an interesting start to life in JC1. Some doubts about it, because I'm not the type to speak out forcefully in mock debates... D:
I hope there are other thirteeners in this programme too!
(and this doesn't mean i'm regretting joining this programme, if any MUN people or my partner stumble upon this blog)

Finally, plan for today:
Pack my room and hopefully I can throw away about half of its stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment