-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Saturday, May 16, 2015

There are days when I can power on without end-- assignments, friend meetings, chatting non-stop, presentations, buying things, etc.
Then there are days like today where I just have to sit down and pretend I don't exist... Except for listening to songs I love.
There's a song where the lyrics describe my mood today, 100%. I actually thought about all the issues embedded in the lyrics today. ^_^ It's a great feeling knowing that there might be somebody out there who shares all the same ideas as you do, and has the charisma to put it all in a song.
It's called Big Bad World by Kodaline. There's a part which goes: we go out on our own, it's a big bad world outside; carrying our dreams and all that they mean, trying to make it all worthwhile.
I don't see these lyrics as meaning that everyone and everything out there is bad or evil, i.e. I don't see the individual and society as antagonizing each other. I think the lyrics mean that each person is really just on his/her own, and there is this world outside which is really just a big wilderness. Sure, one that is regulated by law and organized by infrastructure, but still a chaotic one. And there is always this gap between the individual and the society; sometimes the gap is bridged, and sometimes the gap widens, but the gap is always there.

And there's another part which is also one of my favourite parts, which goes: shit, maybe there is no god in the big white clouds up there; maybe live long, or maybe die young, or maybe live every day like it’s your last day under the sun.
I've had conversations about religion with close friends before, and most of the time I don't really know what to say except the basic stuff that everyone knows. But I think it is important.

And another part goes: maybe say yes or maybe say no; maybe I’m just too shy to admit that it is time to go. This totally reminds me of indecisive outings where everyone goes 'oh i don't know'. And I'm thinking to myself that I really wanna go home but I don't wanna dampen the mood.

There's a popular song out there that I don't really like, but don't really dislike either, but I remember the lyrics. It goes: are we human, or are we dancers.

I'd like to change it up and sing: are we human, or are we dreamers~~~
cos everyone loves to dream, it's part of being human, even if we do it without anyone watching or caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment