-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, July 14, 2014

I want to be less emotional, and more rational. I want to be more independent. I want to be a free spirit whose happiness and motivation doesn't depend on extrinsic factors.
There are people I know who might be sceptical about the last goal but I want to shut their voices out. These choices might make me a less likeable person, although I suspect I've never really been likeable. But it's time to turn off that very child-like need to be likeable.

And here's a lovely music video by Colbie Caillat :)


When you're alone by yourself
Do you like you?

Okay, that being said, I still approve of applying make-up when necessary:
1. Eyeliner: It makes me look more alert. I'm sure most of us need help in this department because there are days when we just don't have enough sleep and our eyes can't open fully. I wouldn't want to look sleepy in the office.
2. Foundation: Only if I have pimples or whatever non-beige stuff on my face. Otherwise, I would leave it out because it clogs up my pores and gives me pimples.
3. Eye shadow: Maybe. It's nice because it brings out the eyes. But not as necessary as eyeliner. It is, however, a must for special events such as weddings.
4. Lip thingy: Lip balm, lip gloss, lip stick, whatever I happen to have at the moment. Because air-con produces chapped lips, and chapped lips are distracting and might border on gross.

But anyway I think the message of that song has another deeper meaning, that is to love yourself as you are. And not listen to people who tell you to be ____-er e.g. sexier, prettier, whatever. It's so cool (and smart) of Colbie Caillat to make this video ('cos there's a lot of people out there who are trying to spread the same message out there as well so she's riding the wave).

I've walked into make-up shops feeling rather bewildered at the variety of make-up available. I can't imagine why people would buy so much make-up, unless they actually have so much time to paint their faces every morning, or unless they were professional make-up artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment