-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The shooting incident in Isla Vista has really creeped me out! Maybe because I was reading about it at night and at night, everything just seems more scary, right. Now in the light of day it feels a bit more palatable to talk about although it's just as nasty.
What made me so creeped out was how the killer's 'problems' are actually insecurities faced by so many people around us-- the inability to get a girlfriend (or boyfriend). And this incident has taught me that there is a certain line between insecurity and insanity. I would never want to go near that line and I hope no one else does either. Love yourself, guys, don't beat yourselves up over society's expectations. Very often, I think society's expectations are actually non-existent-- they are actually our own stereotypes in disguise. The stronger these stereotypes are, the more dangerous. Get rid of them.
Listening to an upbeat song by Richie Jen and I'm sure you've heard it before. And omg, the lyrics speak of the singer's inability to get a girlfriend (!). Good thing that he channelled his frustration into a cute song rather than letting it fester in the depths of his mind. But scary issues aside, I think the song is really cute and it makes me smile whenever I listen to it. It takes a rather admirable personality to sing lyrics like: "其实我很可爱". :3

No comments:

Post a Comment