-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

i feel kinda sick of studying. bad, i know, and since i've been slacking by re-reading hunger games and mockingjay and catching fire, and laughing at josh hutcherson and jen lawrence gifs on tumblr, i can't even pity myself the slightest.
so tonight, i won't stop until i'm done with my revision plan. UNNGHHH! but i need to let off some steam first. and some thoughts.

i was reading a friend's blog about how we should travel but not when we are too young. and i do agree. i went to turkey with my aunts and uncle a few years back, and the view was breathtaking, and i enjoyed myself thoroughly. but i think my happiness would have shot through the roof if it was my own money i had been spending. i guess spending your own money on pampering yourself always beats using other people's money to pamper yourself. because you would then truly know what it takes to achieve the happiness you want. the turkey trip came too easily. not that i'm complaining, haha! just... saying.

bazap. on another train of thought. right now, though, i'm not very sure what i'm doing with my life. oh sure, i want to get through with law school. but... why? law was just one of the many paths i picked. when i was 18 i saw many paths branching ahead of me (going overseas included, but too many reasons for not going and after some moping around i gave up on it). and i didn't know which to pick. so i picked the one that looked the shiniest.
i guess right now my main motivation in learning it is, it gives me new takes on life.
but it comes with some frustration so i'm trying to develop lots of discipline there as well.

some questions on my mind; these questions might find their way to you too:
1. do you have a vision in life?
2. is there any meaning in keeping to your vision in life? why don't you just pursue whatever's shiny and go on to earn lots of money from those shiny paths?

when i was 18, i don't think i had any vision for myself. very unromantic of me, but also very true. so in choosing this path i don't think i compromised anything, besides some measure of frivolity, which i'm pretty sure i still have plenty of. ^_^ oh, yes, and my mum's money in paying for school fees too.

i guess the next most important question is, what then? the trick to making choices is just to be random and go with your gut, but what's more important is what you do with that choice you picked. and i haven't figured out what i'm going to do with this path i've picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment