-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Note to self:
1. Buy a HKU hoodie
2. Buy a winter hat
3. Do some hiking to stay warm
4. Eat more
5. Carry hot water to class

Sigh I ponned the 2nd half of a lesson today because the classroom was freezing. My neighbour (I made a new friend) said she wasn't cold. *puzzled* Maybe it was because I didn't have time to eat dinner, and my lunch was only a polo bun and an egg tart (well I wasn't hungry!). I feel much less hungry here than back home, for some reason. Maybe I need to exercise more to make myself hungry. And I'm still recovering from a cold/flu.

Anyway, the studying never goes away on exchange, even though by the time school started here I already let myself think that I was here to play. There are still a lot of readings. Today the prof said that there's "600 pages of readings" and "if you can't take it, then you can't take this course" and "when I mark your exam papers I'll look out for those who didn't do their readings". Sighpies. But I'm not gonna drop it because I think it is a relatively interesting and useful course (International Economic Law). I was still thinking last week of all the empty hours I would have and how I wanted to go exploring HK but now I think I'll spend 80% of those empty hours doing my readings.

Anyway HK people are generally very nice, much nicer than Singaporean people I would say. Or maybe I really mean to say they are much nicer than I am? They are quite willing to help when you ask. And most of them genuinely help, instead of just fending you off with a short answer.And actually when I say HK people, I really mean "HKU students".

The law library here is awesome and really comfortable. But COLD. Again, I wasn't appropriately dressed and I didn't bring my hot water flask with me today (stupid me).

No comments:

Post a Comment