-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, December 9, 2011

Sometimes there is a question at the tip of my tongue that I want to ask my mum, but then something stops me and a voice in my head says, "Don't ask that, I've grown up". It's happening more often. I wish it had started happening earlier.
Okay, actually, I'm here because I'm procrastinating. I don't know how to make a particular decision! I know I've been very attracted by the idea of studying overseas for a long time, but every other day I change my mind and change it back again! Don't read on if you don't want to hear me weigh the pros and cons of going overseas. Go on to Facebook or Youtube or whatever dubious websites you might visit.

This is a very sweet song :3


I don't want to go overseas because
1) I don't want to spend my holidays writing common app essays (there's 3 to write in all). I know I'm lazy.
2) Do I really love travelling alone so much that I'll give up seeing my family and friends in Singapore for prolonged periods?
3) Do I really want to get a scholarship and spend my youth in a company that (to be honest) I don't really care for? The only thing I care for in a scholarship is the money. I haven't found a company that I really want to work in yet. And it's really too early to tell what kind of company I'd identify with, I haven't even worked in a part-time job yet.
4) I haven't mixed enough with Singaporeans.

I want to go overseas because
1) Singapore is 581.5 square kilometres big. If I go to Europe, I'll have the whole of Europe to myself, at discounted rates! (since airfares would be cheaper). Or if I go to USA.
This is a very important reason.
2) I've taken the SATs (and paid for them, ouch)
3) I've already told some teachers that I want to apply. Will they kill me if I change my mind?
4) I haven't mixed with people from overseas before.

The reasons I give for "I don't want to go overseas" actually sound more compelling. Will I regret my decision months later?
Or maybe I'll just swear to myself to never look back and move on. After all, every decision I make will have an opportunity cost.
Life is a dream. Somehow, in dreams, I don't find myself reflecting. I just get entangled in the ridiculousness of the dream.
Speaking of dreams, I dreamt last night that I didn't finish my Bio paper 3 T.T then I woke up and realized that it's all over. And a few nights ago I dreamt that I've only sat for prelims and there's one entire round of exams to go. T.T
At times like this, I can't stand myself. Urgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment