-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, December 12, 2011

I've finally decided that I'll just apply to one US university. Compromising between my laziness and my obligations to teachers. 
Still, it's no mean feat. 
"Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence." (maybe I'll fangirl about 2cellos)
And the other one: "Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study."

Boring essays aside...
Sometimes it is heartwarming to know that there are so many people that care for you. Sometimes it's also frustrating to know that there are so many people who are concerned about you. The attention and the resultant lack of privacy can be suffocating. I ever wondered how it would be like if I were one of many siblings fighting for attention from their elder relatives. At least I'd have more freedom.
But what is privacy and freedom? The lines that define these two are so malleable. I could replace the seeming "lack of privacy" and "lack of freedom" with obligations, with my responsibility to treat people who care for me as nicely as I can. 

It's just like how "cool" is such a meaningless word. I use it when referring to things that I like, that's all. But no one can define what "cool" means. (Try wikipedia)

It's all a matter of preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment