-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Friday, September 10, 2010

Yesterday we went to NUH to meet the doctor in charge of our project. Ex Hwa Chongian. His mannerism and speech was clinical and quite humourous.
Hoho.
And then the research fellow came across as strict and motherly.
I didn't talk a lot, in fact probably not at all, there were 7 of us there.

I feel like most doctors are partly resigned to their fate of being always at the beck and call of their patients, and the other part is they always seem to enjoy thinking about Life itself. Because they (okay I've only met 2 like that....but yah...) always complain (casually/good-humouredly) about
a. Long hours
b. Low pay (for non-consultants I guess)
c. Odd patients (who "tell you that their backside is itchy at 2 am in the morning" LOL)

But in the end they always give you the impression that they are genuinely cheerful about life itself, albeit with a pinch of resignation/weariness, although that's harmless. My previous family doctor really enjoyed talking to us whenever we went to visit him.
Of course there are always the black sheep in every profession, and in the medical profession, having black sheep is just... catastrophic.

----
Anyway, I don't usually quote my brother, because he's so wacko (oops don't take it too negatively bro :D ), but there are always exceptions.
So the most important thing is to fulfill that niche first, and enjoy yourself, without worrying too much about the reward. Ultimately, there are other means of fulfillment out there, which may be harder to achieve than even these wealth and fame stuff.

Given that I'm still in JC I doubt I have the luxury of contemplating for myself what the "other means of fulfilment" are. But for now I think I should enjoy my life. I don't mean like I enjoy studying for promos, but I should enjoy my JC life. It's just 2 years, the last two years of schooling, because "university" doesn't quite fit with "schooling". It's the last 2 years I have spending everyday with people I know and can trust.

And given that today's the supposed deadline for our PW, I don't have time to spend here anymore ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh btw this is awesome
YIRUMA :D South Korean pianist.
Should be great for mugging. Soothing your nerves while attacking Maths. Yepzxzzxzxzzxzxzzx


No comments:

Post a Comment