-webkit-user-select: -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;

Monday, August 11, 2014

I've reached the stage in life where I look back at the values I learnt in school as a JC/secondary school and realize that what I learnt was actually meaningful. It wasn't the maths and science concepts that I learnt that were useful, but the values. As I grow up I'm increasingly alone, and it gets easy to lose myself and degenerate into a narrow-minded, self-entitled and lazy youth. It's easy to become skeptical and start thinking that life is one big rat race. But I'm going to look beneath that facade of life, and I'm not going the way of that self-entitled youth. The determination to mould my own life comes from within myself, and the things I need to stay on the path are the values I grew up learning, my own willpower, and some loving from family and friends. :3
I sound so stiff and upright but that's really just one side of me.
Here's a really interesting article: http://time.com/3099152/dont-follow-your-passion/
This is what I would have told my younger self.

No comments:

Post a Comment